Friday, March 13, 2009

Blackbird




I woke up this morning to this tune flitting through my mind. I have'nt posted in a while so I thought I'd share. It's such a pretty song, I think written by Paul McCartney. So many meanings...
Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your lifeYou were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Black bird singing in the dead of night.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life you were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Blackbird fly,
Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird fly,
Blackbird fly Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your lifeYou were only waiting for this moment to arise,
oh you were only waiting for this moment to arise,
oh you were only waiting for this moment to arise

4 comments:

Terri H-E said...

You're back! And it sounds like somethin' good is happening in your life, based on song choice. Yahoo.

I'm going to keep checking here.

Killer to meet you and your family last weekend. Wish we had more time then...

Cindy said...

Great to hear from you again. I haven't thought about the song since Natalie was born...thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm back! This past year has been rather draining -- soil and cellular structure, business applications, marketing, economics, snow, snow and then more snow. Geesh! My brain was saturated to the max! At any rate... spring is peeking around the corner and sunnier days ahead. I've been asked to act as the project coordinator for the organic production site (thus the link to BHO on Facebook) at school so I'm excited about the added opportunity to learn and perhaps do a little "teaching" along the way. hmmmm... Blackbird Farm... Wild Hare Farm? Maybe we're headed in a new direction. (c;

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,
It was great to meet you, Corey and the rest of the family this weekend. Glad to read a post on your blog.